Love is patient, love is kind. - 1 Corinthians

Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's A Boy!

We went in for the ultrasound on Tuesday morning and after the technician did all of the measuring and whatnot, she told us we could "for sure buy blue" cause the baby was definitely a BOY! I started tearing up right away and I could just see David beaming. We really didn't know what to expect. I was hoping for a girl, but once I heard "boy" it was like it was meant to be. There was a moment of disappointment but that was quickly replaced by sheer joy. Everything from the ultrasound looks right on track and the baby was certainly moving around a lot... like a very healthy child. :) I have only felt him move a couple of times, and so it was strange to see all the movement but feel nothing. I'm told that will certainly change in the next couple of weeks or so...another milestone both David and I are anxious to cross.
God is certainly good to give us this little miracle. I cannot wait to meet him and hold him in my arms! Our home will be full of boys!
Since I am 18.5 weeks along my belly is certainly growing. Although I've been told I really don't look pregnant at all. Well, this morning I was cursing all of my clothes and wanted to just crawl back into bed until the stores opened so that I could go shopping. The pants I wore just last week weren't even close to buttoning today. I guess I've done the "popping", as was promised by my cousin and sister-in-law. David has promised to take me shopping this weekend for some new shirts, so that was helpful. I went with a dress today that's not too tight, and that seemed to do the trick today. Now, what will I do tomorrow?? I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes, or I'll just go shopping tonight for a new shirt.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! It's always so exciting to find out what you're having!

    Sorry about your clothes not fitting...that's never fun. Yes, I'd say go shopping! You feel so much better when clothes fit you! Just remember you've still got a lot of growing to do. I'm at the "growing out of my maternity clothes" stage, which is more horrible than growing out of normal clothes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! We can't wait until our ultrasound and I really can't wait to feel the baby move...maybe this week?

    You are lucky that you made it to 18 weeks before needing new clothes! I only made it to 15 before my pants and shirts were fitting tight - everyone has told me its becuase I have a short torso...great, I will pop out even more now! Totally worth it though!

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete