Love is patient, love is kind. - 1 Corinthians

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4 MONTHS!

Emerson is now 4 months old...already! Everyone tells me that this first year goes by really fast, but it just doesn't seem like FAST is a good enough word for it. I feel at this rate he will be in college if I blink at all! How I love to watch him grow though. He's giggling for me now...expect that to be the next video :) He wiggles and squirms and is getting used to his fingers and toes being in his control. It's awesome to watch him do things on purpose... like right now he's got his hands full of toys from his playground and he doesn't know which one to watch, but knows he's holding them both.
His voice is also HIS... we call them the "happy screams". He talks in screams, very high pitched screams, now. The coughing left us and now, he just makes his presence known by screaming. It's pretty cute most of the time, but wow can it be loud. He's happy pretty much all of the time, except when he gets bored or tired. We can remedy both of those now, so David and I are very happy about that.
Emerson has perfected the art of rolling over from tummy to back and does this pretty much every time we lay him on his stomach without much effort. I think he enjoys being mobile and it might not be terribly long before he crawls!
No teeth yet, but there are times we are pretty sure his gums are hurting because of them. I'd love for them to hold off on making their appearance though, as I'm still nursing and that can't be very fun to have teeth there. Oh well, we will make it work should that be the case.
NO MORE BINKIS... that's right, he gave them up 2 weeks ago on his own and hasn't looked back since. He LOVES his index and middle finger from his left hand...but they have to be in upside down. Yes, he's very particular, but hey no more digging for binkis to make him calm down for naptime. I'm not super excited about how it's going to go when we have to break him of the finger habit, but I won't worry about that just yet.
Our next appointment for Em is next Friday, so stats will be posted then. He's HUGE though... and I'm betting he'll be at least 17 pounds. I love chunky babies and wouldn't change this for the world.

1 comment:

  1. It is crazy how fast the time is going huh! Sounds like he is doing great! I love the Easter outfit! He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete