Love is patient, love is kind. - 1 Corinthians

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Worried, Excited, Worried, Excited...

That's pretty much how my days go now... it's a a circle of emotions between being worried and being excited. With just 7 and half weeks left it's becoming all the more real that we will bring home our little guy and forever our lives will be changed... hence the excitement. But then I look at what that will really mean and I get totally freaked out sometimes...bring on being worried!
We are starting a 6 week long birthing class tonight and I hope that prepares us more for the upcoming events... as I've never done this giving birth thing before. :) I'm really excited that we will be taking the classes with two of our friends who are due just a few days after us. It should be interesting and hopefully fun for us all.
I'm worried that I will be off work for 8 weeks and what that will mean for my team and the transition of everything before I go and after I come back. I'm even more worried because we don't have child care set up for after I do return to work. (If you know of anyone in the West Jordan area that would be a good care provider, please send me their contact info.)
I'm excited to have our nursery finished. We have a friend coming over to paint a large tree and some monkeys on one of the walls and I can't wait! It's going to look so cute in his monkey-themed room.
I'm worried about how that 8 weeks will go and if I'll be a good mom or not. I worry about making all the decisions for someone that is so tiny and will totally depend on David and I to care for him.
I'm worried about the H1N1 flu and whether I should get vaccinated or not. I keep going from saying yes, to saying I'll wait a bit. But I'm not completely sure of what is right and that kind of freaks me out.
I'm super excited for all the baby showers to start and the fun gifts that we will receive. I have my first one on Saturday and can't wait to see old friends and catch up on our lives. Thank you Kris for throwing the shower for me!

So, that's my life right now... I don't think I'm super worried about too many things, just the logistics of everything and I'm sure most new moms are like that, right?!?
I am bursting with excitement to actually hold him in my arms and look into his face though, and that's what gets me through all the rougher times.

3 comments:

  1. I do that too. I go up and down - up and down. I have kept my emotions under control pretty well my entire pregnancy and now that I am in my third trimester, I am averaging one day a week where I cry. It sucks! I really don't like it and sometimes I don't even know why I want to cry but I do. And Marc is so patient with me! He is the best! Oh look at what we have ahead of ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will be an amazing mom.
    Once you see your little one for the first time, it seems like the world stops and at that moment you know you can handle anything and every worry you had will go away:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is scary...I remember being like that. But you'll be a wonderful mom, I know it!

    ReplyDelete