Love is patient, love is kind. - 1 Corinthians

Saturday, June 26, 2010

6 Month Check-Up

Emerson's check-up yesterday went great, until the shots of course!

Weight 19.7 pounds - 75%
Length: 28 1/4 inches - 95%
They don't write down the head circumference, so I never know that one. But, his head is big and he is very smart, so all must be in order. :)

Dr. wants us to condition him to sleep through the night, since he should be doing that by now. (We already knew we had to do it, she just confirmed it for us.) Last night was our first go at letting him cry through his feeding at 1:30am. That SUCKED! I felt so bad, we tried giving him water, holding him, letting him cry, everything... he eventually gave up, after an hour or so. We were a wreck! I was even sitting next to him crib for awhile (he couldn't see or hear me), just praying that he could feel my presence and be comforted somehow.

-I kept thinking, this must be how God feels sometimes, when we aren't looking to him for answers/comfort...

Anyway, we did make it through that round and were up again at 5am for another. I decided that since it had been 10 hours since his last feeding, we could give in and give him a bottle. He chowed it down and we all went back to sleep for a few more hours. I pray that tonight goes better and that he gives in quickly to this schedule change. It is for the greater good, for us all...right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment