Love is patient, love is kind. - 1 Corinthians

Friday, June 18, 2010

New Opportunities

So, I had a small breakdown a few months ago thinking about how I have this beautiful son and want only the best for him. I wanted him to know that he could do ANYTHING he wanted to, he just had to put forth the effort. I got to thinking and thought, "how I could tell him that if I wasn't going after the goals that I, myself, had wanted"? So, the search began...
I have always loved to bake and create sweets in the kitchen. I applied at a few bakeries, mainly for breads, but nothing turned out to be for me. But, I knew that God had a plan in store, I just needed to keep my focus on Him and he would lead me to it.
Then came a fun girls-night-out with my sister and her friend about 3 weeks ago. It was a silly Sex And The City party at a spa and there, at a SPA remember, was this lady offering her delicious fruit tarts and eclairs to everyone there. We started chatting about her business and I immediately offered my assistance with whatever she needed. One week later I had a schedule to work for her on sparatic weekends throughout the summer!! This was PERFECT! I didn't have to quit my higher paying job right away and could still get the experience I was craving for on the weekends.
My first weekend was last week. I helped Vanessa, the owner, get ready for the Asian Festival by working from 6pm-10pm on Friday and then again at 6am-9:30am on Saturday. I sold the products at the festival from 10a-2pm and LOVED EVERY MINUTE! She has great products and they really sell themselves, so that makes it even more fun. I am working again this weekend and am so happy!
Vanessa just called me today and she said that her lease was approved and her new bakery will be opening up in the fall! YAY! She works out of the kitchen of a cafe right now, so this will be HUGE for her, and the company. This also means that she is going to need me to really help her out and become full-time for her! I am so excited and am going to work really hard this summer perfecting all the recipes she teaches me so that I can be there for her when the store opens. I know that this is God's plan for me and I am ready to take it on!

1 comment:

  1. Heather that is so awesome! I am glad that it is all working out for you and that will be so much fun!

    Feel free to try out any new treats and goodies on us anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete